City of Harrisonburg – Recreation Aid – Youth Services
April 14, 2022
May 14, 2022
Do you want to have fun at work while providing a safe and engaging environment for young people? If so, the City of Harrisonburg Recreation Assistant – Youth Services position might be the right job for you! Recreation Assistant in Youth Services is a seasonal position (without benefits) with a preferential hiring rate of $12.76 per hour. The ideal candidate for this position will assist in the implementation of a variety of youth service activities and Department of Parks and Recreation programs, services and events.
- Must be at least 18 years old on date of hire (approximately 3 weeks after application date, but no earlier than May 16).
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Availability to work Monday to Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.; however, exact shifts will vary.
- Available to work from date of hire until approximately mid-August.
- Exemplary customer service capabilities.
- Consult the physical requirements for this position on the City’s website.
- Some experience as a Recreational Helper or Group Leader is preferred but not required.
How to register:
$12.76 per hour
Hours per week
Exact shifts will vary.
Duration of position
Seasonal until approximately mid-August 2022.
409 S. Main Street, Harrisonburg, Virginia, 22801